The Province of Guwahati (Mater Ecclesiae) was constituted in 2000. Today the Salesian sisters of Mater Ecclesiae work in 27 centres and 6 sub- centres, spread across 4 states ( Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland) and 8 Dioceses (Bongaigaon, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Imphal, Itanagar, Kohima, Miao, Tezpur) of North East India.
Witnessing and dynamic communities, living the primacy of God and journeying the path of holiness in the Church together with the young and the educating community in docility to the Holy spirit under the guidance of Mary, giving a creative response to the cry of the poor and marginalized in the spirit of Don Bosco and Mother Mazzarello
To walk in the footsteps of Don Bosco and Mother Mazzarello, becoming signs and bearers of God’s foreseeing love for the young, the poor and the marginalized.
For whom we Work
The Daughters of Mary Help of Christians share with love, dedication and creativity in the mission God has entrusted to the Institute through Don Bosco and Mary Mazzarello and one finds them working with:
• Children and youth in schools and colleges (rural and urban)
• Marginalized children and youth (Street children’s home)
• Drug addicts and alcoholics in drug addict and rehabilitation centres
• Drop out youth in vocational education centres
• Marginalized Women in rural and uraban areas